Highlights of the Companies Bill
(as passed by the Lok Sabha on 18.12.12 and by the Rajya Sabha on 08.08.13)
• The Bill has 470 clauses as against 658 Sections in the existing Companies Act,
• The entire bill has been divided into 29 chapters.
• Many new chapters have been introduced, viz., Registered Valuers (ch.17);
Government companies (ch. 23); Companies to furnish information or statistics
(ch. 25); Nidhis (ch. 26); National Company Law Tribunal & Appellate Tribunal
(ch. 27); Special Courts (ch. 28).
• The Bill is forward looking in its approach which empowers the Central
Government to make rules, etc. through delegated legislation (clause 469 and
• The Companies Bill is the result of detailed consultative process adopted by the
The salient and unique features of the Bill are as under:
CLICK HERE TO VIEW